April 28, 2022
This blog post was written by Danielle Schwartz.
There are less than two weeks until we premiere Tide to Table: The Remarkable Journey of Oysters at 7 p.m. on May 10 at the Jacob Burns Film Center in Pleasantville, NY!
The trailer is LIVE, B-roll has been added, and timelines have been brought together. For the remainder of the week, we are working on music, audio, and color correction.
The documentary is set for a “tech check” next Tuesday morning, where we will be watching it on the big screen at Jacob Burns Film Center and taking notes of the final edits that need to be made. We have entered a period of crunch time and are working tirelessly to bring the story of oysters and those who farm them to you.
The next question is, have you bought your tickets yet? Here are some reasons you should come see this documentary:
- You are what you eat. If you eat oysters, then don’t you want to know where they are coming from and how they are grown? The process may surprise (and delight) you!
- Oysters are great for the environment. Even if you aren’t interested in eating oysters, they are an incredibly interesting tool in building back and managing ecosystems.
- Oysters are like wine. I’m just going to leave this one here, if you want to know why that is, come see our documentary!
- You might just get the scoop on some fantastic oyster farms that are relatively nearby. Not just that, but you’ll be able to showcase your fantastic knowledge of oysters and their regional attributes to your friends and family.
- Tickets are FREE. Why not come with family and friends and enjoy a premiere on a Tuesday night?
And if these reasons are not enough for you to get excited for the premiere of our documentary, just check out the trailer!
On premiere night, we will be holding a Pre-Screening Reception at 6 p.m. where you can meet the filmmakers and try an oyster or two! RSVP here to reserve your spot at the reception!
And secure your free screening tickets here.
Mark your calendars! We can’t wait to see you all at the premiere!